Friday, August 31, 2007

Ahoy!

Well, it's been a REALLY long time since I last posted, but I finally can because... I HAVE A CAMERA CABLE!!! Gasp! But it's not mine, so yeah. Hahah. Anyway, here's the knitty things that have been going on since I last blogged.

Firstly, I finished Trellis...


Well, as finished as it gets without adding buttons. But it's blocked and seamed and obviously cute. :) Here are the specs.

Lilac Trellis
pattern: Trellis from knitty.com
yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Lilac
needles: 4.50 mm (US 7)

The yarn is a dream to work with. So soft and smooth! It's also subtlely colored which looks so nice in the cables. I left it for my mother to give to her friend's daughter's daughter so unfortunately, I myself cannot present it. But no matter.

I put my Grandma's mitered squares on hold... yeah. I nearly finished knitting all the squares, but there's a ton of seaming left... Mreh. I feel kinda sick just thinking about the squares, so let's move on.

Socks! I decided to knit a pair of socks for my sister. She picked the yarn.


Okay, so it looks red, but it's supposed to be orange. Giants rally socks! However, I think the Giants need more than socks to revive their season... -_-

My aunt informed me that on the 16th of this month, my cousin will be having a surprise baby shower. This, too, was a surprise to me. So I ran to Downtown Yarns and picked up some Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (only the best for my cousin's baby!) for a cabled sweater.


(In case you weren't sure, my cousin is expecting a boy.)

And finally, I've started on the Christmas knitting. I decided to knit for my aunt - who's been like a second mother to me - the Tangled Yoke Cardigan from IK Fall '07. I'm using Felted Tweed in wheat. The yarn is lovely and the pattern is beautiful. I just hope the 34" will fit her...


And I picked up a small treat for myself too.


Malabrigo Lace. Don't try to tell me I don't deserve it.

It'll be a Swallowtail Shawl. Can't wait.

The Print o' the Wave is temporarily on hiatus until I get more yarn. That's right. I ran out again. Sigh. So I'm going to rip out the entire border and make the shawl a little longer. I was feeling it was too short anyway.

No comments: