Monday, September 3, 2007

The Old, the Progress, and the New

I constantly forget to update, and am really not a good blogger at all. I always do more than I actually show on this blog, waiting until I'm practically finished to demonstrate that Yes, I really am knitting.

Or in the case of the last few months, I lose things... like my camera cable.

Anyway, in an effort to blog more... I am posting today.

So here's the OLD -


Monkeys! I actually finished them in June, soon after I got back to California. I just never blogged about them. They're super comfy and look lovely on my feet, but it appears the kitchenering on one of the toes isn't very good. For all those concerned, it's still holding fast.


Beach Monkeys
pattern: Monkeys by Cookie A.
yarn: Koigu KPPPM
needles: 2.25 mm (US 1)

And then there's the progress...


Both sleeves are blocked and ready to go. I just need to finish the body now! I was shocked at the smallness of the clothes... but as my aunt reminded me: "They are small people."

And of course, what's a post without the NEW...


Swallowtail shawl. In my Malabrigo Lace. Pretty as hell. However, I screwed up two rows ago and now have to frog. I need to learn to pay better attention to my lace.

Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend! (or what's left of it.)

No comments: