Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Freaking Frustrating

I'm on a bit of a tight deadline for this baby sweater. The baby shower is next Sunday, and I've started classes again. I thought I was making good time...

But I decided the tubular cast on I did for the sleeves was too tight. I planned to frog them and reknit them. I was thinking that I'd have plenty of time over the weekend.

I had nearly finished the back. I was casting off the last shoulder stitches when an odd problem came...

I had too many stitches left over.

I stared. I frogged. I recounted. Nope. I didn't bind off the wrong number of stitches.

I frowned. I counted again. I referenced the pattern.

Then I realized. I had screwed up on the increases a long long time ago. Back at the start.

I can't afford to start all over from the very beginning. Looks like a little pattern modification will need to be done.


This is so not fun.

No comments: