Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Distracted.



Swallowtail shawl.

Endpaper mitts.


Noro striped scarf.

I have huge plans for Christmas knitting this year. Huge. I have two sweaters, a shawl, two scarves, socks, and another pair of Endpaper mitts lined up. It's still early, and really, I have a ton of time... but I keep wanting to knit things for myself. This is a really, really strange phenomenon for me! I've never had a huge urge to knit for myself. But now, all I can think of is projects for me. I feel so selfish.

But I'm totally in love with my Endpaper Mitts. I wanted something a little... different. Riskier in color, I guess. I love the look. It reminds me of those luxurious fabrics in Elizabethan times. The gold is a hard color to capture (and looks positively green under fluorescent lighting), but in true light, it's gorgeous.

And my Swallowtail shawl... It's official. I'm definitely a lace knitter. It goes by so fast, and the patterns intrigue me. I love trying to figure out the logic behind the pattern and then applying it row after row. (Also another reason I love fair isle.)

Specs...

Applewood Swallowtail
pattern: Swallowtail Shawl in Fall IK '06
yarn:
Malabrigo Lace in Applewood
needles: 3.25 mm (US 4) Addi Turbos 32"

The Noro I bought as a gift to myself for getting an internship. Yay! Okay, so it doesn't pay, but I deserve it don't I? It's going to be that striped scarf that's so popular right now. I chose those colors, thinking of dreary grey winter days. This scarf should brighten everything up!

No comments: