Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Giving Thanks

This year, my Thanksgiving was spent with my uncle's family. It was an interesting experience. Being of Asian descent, Thanksgiving always had a different sort of stigma. Sure, we did the turkey and the cranberry sauce... but no one actually really liked the turkey or the cranberry sauce. My delicious orange and cumin cranberry sauce was always left uneaten and wasted.

But this year! This year was spent with my uncle's family. My uncle is Irish. There was much eating of turkey and watching of football.

And that's what my votive sleeves were for.


Gold Votive Sleeves
pattern: Votive Sleeves from Handknit Holidays
yarn: 24 gauge gold wire

There was something tricksy going on with the knitting that I didn't notice until I had finally finished. I was using one US 8 and one US 6. I felt like slapping myself on the face.

Anyway, they were very much appreciated. My uncle in particular was bemused. He wondered if we could start a business of candle holders.

Thanksgiving break was lovely, if not altogether too short. Now that it's over, it's time to really crunch down on Christmas knitting. Alas. Here's a list of things I (hope) to accomplish.
  • Tangled Yoke Cardigan for Aunt Renee (Done with the knitting. Needs buttons.)
  • Unnamed Grey Cardigan for Mom (one sleeve done)
  • Endpaper Mitts for Olivia (half done!)
  • Scarf for Dad (I NEED TO BUY YARNZ FOR THIS)
  • Socks for sister (one sock done, other sock half done)
  • Scarf for Uncle Rob (Debating if I should or not. If I have time, I will, but it's debatable.)
  • Pink Mohair Thing for Auntie Laurie (I have the yarn. I just need to figure wtf to do with it)
  • ??? for Christina (Yeah.)
Yeah, I have one thing left to say.

Crap.

No comments: